I love to get creative in the kitchen on weekends! These very simple carrot cake muffins are the result of last Sunday’s baking. You simply must give them a try this weekend. They’re gluten-free, sugar free, dairy free and packed with healthy ingredients – and your whole house will smell heavenly!
Carrot Cake Muffins
- 2 1/2 cups almond meal
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- pinch of himalayan salt
- pinch of nutmeg if you wish
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 3 carrots, peeled
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted.
- 3/4 cup walnuts/pecans, chopped
- 1/2 cup sweeter of choice: raw honey, maple syrup or stevia granules
- Preheat oven on bake to 180 degrees C.
- In a large bowl, combine almond flour, coconut, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
- In a food processor, combine the wet ingredients.
- Add mixture from food processor (the wet ingredients) to dry mixture in the large bowl and combine thoroughly.
- Fold in nuts.
- Spoon mixture into paper lined muffin tins.
- Top with pecan nuts, sprinkle of coconut and or a drizzle of almond butter (I did that and it was yum)
- Bake for 30-40 mins – depending on your oven.