I make this often for dinner and use it as a side dish. It works really well with grilled fish, chicken breast, lamb and as an alternative topping for shepherds pie!
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1/2 cup milk of choice – I use almond milk
- 1 tbsp virgin organic coconut oil or organic butter
- 3 tbsp. crushed walnuts
- Himalayan salt and ground pepper
- 1 tsp paprika (to serve)
- In a pot of boiling water or a steamer – Steam the cauliflower until very well cooked, approximately 10-15 minutes. Let it cool.
- In a food processor, add the cauliflower, milk, coconut oil or butter, and walnuts, then pulse/ purée the mixture. Alternatively you can use a stick blender until smooth. If it’s too thick, add a little water. Season with salt, pepper and paprika.