This dish was a result of a serious craving! I adore anything with Napoletana sauce and my number one veggie – cauliflower! Full of goodness and so easy to prepare, it’s such a warm and nourishing option for those rainy nights. Finish it off with a touch of Parmesan cheese and some fresh basil – simply delish!
Serves: 4 (as a side)
- 1 head cauliflower
- 2-4 tbsp of Napoletana/Tomato-based sauce (good quality, without additives or sugar)
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- Handful of chopped basil
- Pulse a cauliflower head in a food processor until it reaches rice-like consistency.
- Heat up a large saucepan and melt coconut oil.
- When the oil has melted, add half a chopped onion.
- Once the onion starts to brown, gradually add the cauliflower rice.
- Drizzle olive oil and sprinkle salt over cooking cauliflower.
- When the rice starts to cook (4-5 minutes) – add in 2-4 tbsp sauce. Stir to combine.
- Turn off pan. Sprinkle over Parmesan and chopped basil.
- Spoon on to plates and enjoy!
- This dish pairs perfectly with grilled chicken and avocado.
- For my vegans – leave out the cheese and instead sprinkle with some crushed cashews or vegan cheese if you wish.