We know everyone loves pizza so we’ve created a version for our gluten-free friends that can be whipped up at home. It’s also high in fibre and a great way to sneak extra veggies in. Try making it this weekend to share with friends or family!
- 1 cauliflower, cut into florets or 2 packets of store-bought cauliflower rice
- 3 eggs, lightly whisked
- 1 cup (100g) almond meal
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- ½ tsp ground cumin, ground, or curry powder
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 50g (1.7oz) mozzarella, shredded, optional
- 2 sprig rosemary, leaves finely chopped
- sea salt & black pepper, to taste
For the toppings:
You can use whatever toppings you love! Some of our favourites are avocado, rocket, Parmesan, truffle oil, feta, mushrooms and thyme, or try this combo:
- 3 tbsp pesto, we used our Walnut Pesto
- 2 tbsp ricotta
- ½ eggplant, sliced
- 10 cherry tomatoes, halved
- Preheat the oven to 180°C or 360°F. Line a large baking tray with baking paper.
- Place the cauliflower florets in a food processor, and blitz until it forms a rice-like consistency. You can either steam the cauliflower first or use it raw; it works both ways. Alternately, use store-bought cauliflower rice.
- In a mixing bowl, place the cauliflower, whisked eggs, almond meal, coconut flour, cumin or curry powder, olive oil, mozzarella (if using), rosemary plus salt and pepper. Press the mixture firmly. If the mixture looks a little dry, add some extra oil. If too wet, add an extra ½-1tbsp coconut flour.
- Place the cauliflower mixture in the centre of the tray.
- Press the mixture into the baking tin and use a tea towel on top to mop up excess water. Don’t skip this step, as it’s the key to making a crispy pizza base.
- Place a sheet of baking paper on top and use your palms or a rolling pin to flatten it into a circle. Top the pizza with pesto, ricotta, eggplant and baby tomatoes.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until the base is firm and slightly browned. You may also want to add more seasoning, plus some extra olive oil.
- Take the pizza out of the oven and allow it to cool for a few minutes before slicing.
To make this recipe vegan:
Replace the egg with a chia egg. Add 1 tbsp chia plus 3 tbsp water in a small bowl and stir to combine. Allow to sit for 10 minutes.
Top with your favourite nut cheese.
This recipe, along with 500 others, can be found in the JSHealth App! You’ll find balanced, delicious and simple recipes catering to all dietary needs, along with a bunch of other content to help you live your happiest, healthiest life! Try it today!