It’s truly amazing how versatile cauliflower can be. This is our take on a gluten-free flatbread that is bursting with healthy fats and fibre. To ensure your flatbread holds together and goes crispy, make sure to cool your flatbread on a cooling rack. Enjoy!
Cauliflower & Rosemary Flatbread
Makes: 1 large flatbread, serves 4-6
- 2 cauliflower rice packets (or 1 cauliflower head, pulsed in a food processor to form ‘rice’)
- 2 organic eggs, whisked
- 3 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 cup almond meal
- ⅓cup coconut flour
- handful rosemary sprigs, off the stem
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp Himalayan salt
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced) or 360°F.Line a large baking tray with baking paper.
- If using fresh cauliflower rice, placed the riced cauliflower in a clean tea towel and squeeze out as much moisture as possible.
- In a large mixing bowl, add all of the ingredients. Mix to combine.
- Place the mixture in the centre of the tray and flatten into the edges of the baking tray until it forms a rectangular shape. Flatten as much as possible.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the base is firm and the top is golden.
- Remove from the oven and place on a cooling rack.
- To serve, drizzle with olive oil and sea salt before cutting the flatbread into large triangular shapes.