Chilli and chocolate together… need we say more?! This tantalising pair is a match made in heaven. Rich cacao and creamy tahini are perfectly balanced with a touch of spice from the chilli flakes, a dash of sweetness from the maple syrup, and a hint of saltiness from mineral-rich sea salt. Make it to share with a lover, or keep it all to yourself – either way this chocolate bark will surely delight the senses.
- ½ cup coconut oil
- ⅔ cup cacao powder
- 1 tbsp hulled tahini
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp chilli flakes, or 2 is you like it spicy!
- Combine the coconut oil, cacao powder, tahini and maple syrup in a small saucepan and whisk over a low heat until smooth. Add a pinch of sea salt.
- Line a small baking tray with baking paper; make sure the tray will fit into your freezer. Spread the raw chocolate mix across the base of the lined baking tray. Sprinkle the chilli flakes over the top.
- Place in the freezer to set for a minimum of 30 minutes or until set.
- Once set, remove from the freezer and break or cut into small pieces.
- Keep stored in an airtight container in the freezer for up to one month.