Most supermarket granolas are packed with sugar, preservatives and trans fats. This is the perfect alternative – it tastes even better! It is so wholesome and nutritious. I know you’ll love it!
Chocolate, Banana and Almond Butter Granola
- 1 cup gluten-free oats or quinoa flakes
- 2 Tbsp. flax or pumpkin seeds
- 2 Tbsp. almond butter
- 2 Tbsp. maple syrup OR stevia powder (optional)
- 1/4 tsp. vanilla powder
- 1-2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 cup raw almonds
- 1/4 cup chopped dates (optional)
- 1 mashed banana
- 1/4 cup cacao nibs
- 1/4 cup coconut chips/flakes
- 1/4 cup coconut butter, melted
- Pinch or two of Himalayan salt
- Preheat oven to 180 C.
- In a food processor, combine the nuts, coconut flakes, seeds. cacao, dates (OK if you just mix with your hands and leave the nuts whole).
- Heat the coconut oil, mashed banana and maple syrup on the stove.
- Once the nuts and seeds are chopped, mix in the oats, cinnamon and vanilla.
- Add the coconut oil, maple syrup, banana and almond butter to the dry ingredients.
- Spread evenly on greased baking paper (I spray it with olive oil) on a tray and bake for about 15-20 minutes, until golden, turning halfway.
- When golden, remove and cool immediately to get it crispy. Break it into ‘granola’ like pieces.
I like to eat this granola with yoghurt and fruit – nice and chunky. I also top all my smoothies with it for the crunch factor!
Note: You can add any ingredients to the above recipe – work with what you’ve got!