These crunchy, chewy clusters make a great snack. Enjoy them as an on-the-go option or with a cup of herbal tea.
Cinnamon & Almond Clusters
Makes: 2 cups
- 2 cups almonds, roughly chopped
- ¼ cup coconut flakes, roughly chopped
- ¼ cup sesame seeds
- ¼ cup rice malt syrup
- 3 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 180°C or 350°F. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Combine the almonds, coconut flakes and sesame seeds in a mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the rice malt syrup, cinnamon and vanilla extract.
- Slowly mix the wet ingredients into the dry mixture. Stir until combined and sticky.
- Pour the mixture onto the baking tray, making sure not to spread the mix too thin to ensure the ingredients cluster together.
- Place the tray in the oven and bake for 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and leave to cool. Place in the fridge to set for 15 minutes. This ensures the ingredients form clusters.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.