I know you guys have been waiting for this one! They are so so good. I made them because I absolutely adore the taste of cinnamon buns, but not the fact that they are super unhealthy and loaded with sugar. Enter these super easy muffins that taste just like cinnamon buns, but are loaded with nutrients instead! And of course delicious cinnamon, which is great for helping to stabilise blood sugars. This is the perfect treat!
Cinnamon Swirl Muffins
- 2 cups almond meal
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1 banana – over ripe
- 1/4 cup coco oil, melted
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 2 tbsp maple syrup or stevia granules or honey
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- For swirl: 2 heaped tbsp almond butter mixed with 1 tsp cinnamon
- For the topping: 2 tbsp hulled tahini mixed with 1 tsp cinnamon – optional
- Preheat oven to 180° Celsius (fan-forced).
- Add all ingredients, except for the swirl ingredients, to a food processor or blender. Process/blend until smooth.
- Grease muffin tin generously with coconut oil. Spoon mixture into tin.
- Place approx 1/2 tsp of your swirl mix on to the top of each muffin and with a sharp clean knife or skewer swirl it through the muffin mix.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes until golden and cooked through.
- Once cooled, drizzle over the topping – optional, but recommended!