I absolutely love cooking roast vegetables – they’re so versatile. Add them to a salad, serve them with a simple tahini dressing or save them as leftovers for another delicious meal! There’s no better food prep than a big batch of roasted veggies. This is my classic recipe – I’ve used a few of my favourite vegetables, but the best part is that you could substitute any of these with other veggies you have in the fridge! Eggplant, sweet potato, carrots, zucchini – you name it!
Classic Roast Vegetables
Serves: 4, as a side
- 1/2 jap pumpkin
- 12-15 Brussels sprouts
- 1/2 cauliflower
- 1 red onion
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Sea salt
- Parsley, to garnish
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Chop pumpkin into wedges, cauliflower into florets and Brussels sprouts in half. Arrange on a lined baking tray or roasting dish – I love using my non-stick Neoflam Oven Tray.
- Drizzle olive oil over vegetables and season generously with sea salt. Toss to combine.
- Roast in oven for 35-40 minutes, until golden and slightly caramelised.
- Remove and garnish with parsley, if desired.