A few years ago, my friends and I went to an Italian restaurant in Melbourne and shared a creamy broccoli pasta. It was so good that we still talk about it. Shortly after, I got a craving for a warm, creamy pasta.
So, of course, I started brainstorming a healthy version. This dish just proves how deliciously indulgent healthy food can taste. Just omit the parmesan and you have a completely dairy-free and gluten-free delicious winter meal.
Creamy Broccoli Pasta
- 2 x organic broccoli heads, chopped into florets
- 1/4 cup milk of choice
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp warm water
- 1 tbsp parmesan cheese shavings (optional)
- salt, to taste,
- black pepper, to taste
- chilli flakes, to taste
- 1 packet of mung bean or brown rice pasta
- chopped basil, to taste
- Steam or boil the broccoli heads until they’re soft. Cut them into florets.
- While the broccoli is steaming, cook the pasta according to the packet instructions.
- When the broccoli is cooked, place the broccoli in a food processor. Add the milk, olive oil, salt, pepper, chilli and parmesan (if using). Blitz until you’ve reached a creamy pure.
- Once the pasta is cooked, strain it and place it back into the pot. Add the broccoli sauce and stir it until the pasta is well coated.
- To serve, divide the pasta between bowls and top with extra parmesan and chopped basil.
For more nutritious recipe ideas, check out my 8-week Program.