Creamy, Vegan Cauliflower & Leek Soup Recipe
There is nothing like a hot bowl of homemade soup to soothe and rejuvenate. This is a recipe I created recently that led to a fun new discovery – crushed Brazil nuts taste like breadcrumbs! Give this recipe a try as a delicious Meatless Monday lunch.
- 1 leek, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons virgin organic coconut oil
- 2 cauliflower heads, chopped coarsely
- 4-5 cups vegetable stock
- 1 cup Brazil nuts
- 1 teaspoon Himalayan salt, plus ground pepper to taste
- For topping:
- 1 tablespoon virgin organic coconut oil
- 1 cup purple cauliflower, chopped
- 1/2 cup Brazil nuts, chopped
- In a large soup pot, heat the coconut oil. Once melted, lightly fry leek and 1 teaspoon salt.
- Once leek is golden (after about 10 minutes), add the cauliflower pieces and the stock, and bring to a boil.
- Cover and simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Once the soup is ready, add the Brazil nuts and use a hand blender to finely puree the mixture. Add extra salt and pepper to taste.
- For the topping, fry cauliflower pieces in coconut oil until crunchy. Top each bowl with cauliflower and chopped Brazil nuts.