Mushrooms are neither fruit or vegetable which means they have a very unique nutritional profile! Adding some mushrooms to your diet is an easy way to boost Vitamin D (amazing for healthy bone and muscles), Vitamin B (essential for healthy nerve function) and folate (needed for cell division). Plus they taste so delicious – this is comfort food at it’s best! Serve with sustainably sourced red meat if you choose, or my Lemon & Herb Chicken.
Creamy Thyme Mushrooms
Serves: 2, as a side
- 18-20 button mushrooms
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp coconut milk
- 8-10 thyme sprigs
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Chop button mushrooms into quarters. Finely slice garlic clove.
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a non-stick pan on medium-heat.
- Add chopped garlic clove to pan and sauté for 2-3 minutes, until golden and fragrant.
- Add mushrooms to pan and sauté for another 3-5 minutes, until cooked. Season generously with sea salt and sprinkle over thyme leaves.
- Once mushrooms are wilted and cooked, add coconut milk and sauté for one more minute, until coconut milk has slightly evaporated.
- Sprinkle with extra thyme sprigs and serve.
My 8-week online Program is full of delicious and nutritious recipes, just like this! Check it out here.