You guys know how much I love my cauliflower so it’s no surprise that I absolutely adore this recipe from Donna Hay’s current edition of fresh and light. It’s got tons of flavour, crunchy toasted almonds and a hint of sweetness from the currants. Sending much love to Donna and her team for sharing this recipe with us.
Cumin-Roasted Cauliflower, Chickpea and Mint Tabouli
- 5kg cauliflower, trimmed and cut into florets
- 2 teaspoons cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon sea salt flakes
- 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 400g can chickpeas (garbanzos), drained and rinsed
- 2 cups mint leaves, finely chopped, plus extra to serve
- 1/2 cup (80g) almonds, toasted, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup (40g) currants
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped chives
- lemon and mustard dressing
- 1/4 cup (60ml) lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup (60ml) extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 200°C (400°F).
- To make the dressing, place the lemon juice, mustard and oil in a small bowl and stir to combine. Set aside.
- Place the cauliflower in a food processor, in batches, and pulse until it resembles rice.
- Transfer to a large bowl, add the cumin, salt, pepper and oil and mix to combine.
- Spread the cauliflower mixture on 2 lightly greased large oven trays lined with non-stick baking paper.
- Cook, stirring halfway, for 20–25 minutes or until golden. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Place the chickpeas, mint, almond, currants, cauliflower and half the dressing in a large bowl and toss to combine.
- Divide the salad between bowls, top with the chive and extra mint, and drizzle with the remaining dressing to serve.
Check out the latest issue of fresh and light, on sale now.