You guys know how much I love Brussels sprouts! So when Dan Churchill (check out his website here!) suggested this incredible Brussels Sprout bowl for a ’60 seconds with Jess’ video – I couldn’t say no!! Love the crunch of pepitas and hint of curry spice in this recipe – the perfect light lunch or side with dinner. Hope you enjoy it as much as we did!
Dan’s Brussels Sprout & Freekeh Bowl
Serves: 2 or 4, as a side
- 2 cups Brussels sprouts
- 1 1/2 cup cooked wholegrain (freekeh, quinoa or brown rice)
- 1/2 cup pepitas
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- sea salt
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp tamari sauce
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 5-6 mint leaves, torn
- Finely shred Brussels sprouts and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in non-stick pan on medium.
- Add pepitas to pan and sauté until toasted (3-4 mins).
- Add shredded Brussels sprouts and continue to sauté until cooked (3-5 mins). Season generously with sea salt. Take off heat.
- Meanwhile, to make dressing; whisk together olive oil, tamari sauce, lemon juice, torn mint leaves and pinch of sea salt.
- Combine Brussels sprouts with cooked grain and sprinkle 1 tsp curry powder and 1 tsp chilli flakes.
- Drizzle over dressing and serve.
Follow me on Instagram to see the video for this recipe!