You guys absolutely loved the first recipe we posted from Donna Hay’s Fresh + Light (how could we forget that cauliflower salad) so we thought we’d share a second! This is her divine Date, Nut and Seed Granola – super easy to make and so full of goodness. Add a little Greek Yoghurt and berries for a satiating and weight-balancing breakfast… Or place the ingredients in a jar for brekky to-go!
Date, Nut and Seed Granola
Makes: 8 cups
- 1/3 cup (65g) coconut oil, melted
- 1 tbsp vanilla bean paste
- 1 tbsp finely grated orange rind
- 1 1/2 cups (240g) pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
- 1 1/2 cups (240g) almonds, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup (80g) pecans, roughly chopped
- 15 fresh dates (280g), pitted and roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup (80g) currants
- 1/4 cup (50g) white chia seeds
- 2 cups (40g) coconut flakes
- Preheat oven to 160°C (325°F).
- Place the coconut oil, vanilla and orange rind in a large bowl and stir to combine.
- Add the pepitas, almond, pecan, date, currants and chia seeds and stir to combine.
- Spread the mixture evenly over 2 large baking trays lined with non-stick baking paper.
- Cook, stirring halfway, for 25 minutes.
- Add the coconut, mix to combine and cook for a further 5 minutes or until crisp and golden.
- Set aside to cool.
- Divide between bowls and serve with coconut yoghurt and honeycomb.
- The granola will keep in an airtight container for up to two weeks.
Credit for the recipe goes to Donna Hay and her team. You can find out more and subscribe at https://www.donnahay.com.au/