When you need a meal that’s ready in a flash – this is my go-to. It’s great for breakfast, lunch or dinner and can be made using whatever green veggies you have in the fridge – I love kale, spinach and Brussels sprouts most! Add some pesto or chilli flakes to finish it off – yum!
- 1 organic, free-range eggs
- 1/4 leek, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups of mixed green veggies
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- Melt the coconut oil in a saucepan on medium-heat.
- Add the leek and garlic to the saucepan and sauté for 2-3 minutes, until leek turns translucent.
- Add greens to the saucepan and sauté until wilted/well-cooked.
- Crack the egg into a separate bowl.
- Make a hole in the centre of the greens and slowly pour in the egg so it sits in the middle. You may want to reduce the heat so that the egg cooks through.
- Cook for 5-7 minutes on low heat, until the egg white has set but the yolk is runny.
- Remove from heat and serve on to plate, top with chilli flakes and a generous pinch of salt.
- Adjust the cooking times of the greens depending on what you’re adding – while spinach or kale don’t take too long to wilt, Brussels sprouts take 3-4 minutes to brown.