This is gonna be a JSHealth favourite! 4-ingredient nourishing healthy Eggplant Parmigiana. Just eggplant, Napoletana, ricotta (or lentils for a non-dairy, vegan version) and basil. One of the easiest dishes I’ve ever made, and so damn delicious. Serve with a protein of choice or a fresh green salad. Divine!
Healthy Eggplant Parmigiana
- 2-3 medium eggplants
- 250g Napoletana sauce (organic, sugar-free if possible)
- 1 cup ricotta cheese (or use lentils as a vegan option)
- 1 bunch basil leaves
- Sea salt
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp chilli
- Preheat oven to 180° Celsius.
- Slice eggplant into medium-thickness circular shapes.
- Add half the eggplant slices to a baking dish then spoon over half the Napoletana sauce, ricotta and basil. Drizzle with 1 tbsp olive oil and sprinkle sea salt.
- Repeat the above process with the remaining eggplant, sauce, ricotta and basil so that you have 2 layers.
- Bake in oven for 45 minutes – 1 hour. Allow to cool slightly before serving.