Nice-cream is a really healthy, super-quick vegan ice cream. No waiting around for an ice-cream maker to churn away. All you need are some frozen bananas and a good-quality blender. This is so healthy you can have it for breakfast or as a light summer dessert. If you’re making this for one person, use two bananas and halve the rest of the ingredients. You also have to move quickly, otherwise it will begin to melt!
- 6 peeled frozen bananas
- 2 tbsp coconut yoghurt or almond milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla powder
- 1/2 cup frozen strawberries
- 2 tbsp cacao powder
- 2 tbsp roughly chopped vegan dark chocolate
- Place the bananas, coconut yoghurt or almond milk and the vanilla powder in a blender and blitz until smooth and creamy.
- Scoop two-thirds of the banana/vanilla mixture into a bowl and pop it in the freezer.
- Add the strawberries to the remaining mixture in the blender and blend until smooth. Transfer to another bowl and place in the freezer.
- Remove the banana/vanilla mixture form the freezer and return half of that mixture to the blender. Add the cacao powder and blitz for 5 seconds.
- Divide the chocolate nice-cream among two or three serving bowls and quickly add the banana/vanilla and strawberry nice-creams from the freezer. Scatter the chocolate over the top and dive in immediately!
For more yummy vegan recipes, check out Elsa’s Wholesome Life.
Recipe and blurb written by Ellie Bullen, Elsa’s Wholesome Life.