This is my classic pesto recipe – add it to pasta, salads or my favourite cauliflower pizza recipe! Yum!
- 2 large cup basil leaves
- 1 cup walnuts, raw and unsalted
- 1-2 garlic cloves, chopped.
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1-2 tbsp. water
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Himalayan salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Combine the walnuts with the basil leaves in a bowl of a food processor. Process until the nuts are well ground and the basil is well incorporated.
- Add the lemon juice, olive oil and season with salt and pepper. With the motor running, pour In the water ( as much as you think). The pesto should be smooth and creamy. If not dairy free, consider adding 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- Place in a bowl and refrigerate after use.