Who doesn’t love warm, gooey brownies straight from the oven? This healthy alternative is full of healthy fats and protein that will keep you full and satisfied. Better yet, they’re low in natural sugar.
Gooey Mocha Brownies
Makes: 8-10 slices
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- pinch of sea salt
- pinch of cinnamon
- ⅓ cup raw cacao powder
- ½ cup hulled tahini or almond butter
- ¼ cup maple or rice malt syrup
- ½ cup Califia Farms Cold Brew Coffee XX Espresso
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- ⅓ cup dark chocolate (70-85%), chopped
- Preheat oven to 160°C. Line a baking tin with baking paper.
- Whisk the eggs in a large mixing bowl. Once whisked, add the coconut flour, baking powder, sea salt, cinnamon and raw cacao powder. Stir to combine.
- Add in the tahini, maple or rice malt syrup, Califia Farms Cold Brew Coffee XX Espresso and chia seeds. Mix until combined. Stir through the chopped dark chocolate.
- Spoon the mixture evenly into the lined baking tin. Bake in the oven for 25–30 minutes. To check if the brownie is cooked, insert a skewer. If it comes out clean, the brownie is ready.
- Remove the tine from oven and allow to cool slightly. Cut into squares and serve warm with a dollop of Greek yoghurt or coconut ice-cream.
When I was living in L.A. I discovered Califia Farms’ range of almond milk and as soon as I tasted it, I knew it was my favourite brand. I’m so excited that their products have arrived in Australia. As a nutritionist, it’s so important that the ingredients I put into my recipes are nutritionally balanced, wholesome and fit into the JSHealth philosophy.