Oh, do I have a delicious afternoon pick-me-up for you! Forget the overly processed, caffeine and sugar-laden chai drinks you’ll find at most coffee shops. I have been creating this healthy, naturally-sweetened and super creamy chai latte right in my own kitchen, and it’s become a daily favourite.
The secret ingredient for ultimate creaminess? Cashews! That’s right – this protein-packed nut is an incredible addition to dairy-free drinks. Delish!
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 3 medjool dates
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- Dash of nutmeg
- Pinch of cardamon
- 2 vanilla pods
- 4 small cloves
- 1/2 cup soaked cashews
- Vanilla stevia drops (optional)
- Heat coconut milk in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Add all spices, dates and stevia, stirring gently until combined, then remove from heat.
- Pour the mix into a blender and add cashews.
- Blend until smooth and frothy!