Full of vibrant greens, fermented vegetables and haloumi (!), this bowl is everything I could want in a breakfast and more! I love adding slices of avocado for a boost of healthy fat and a simply boiled egg for extra protein.
- 1 small bunch kale, shredded and washed
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 2 eggs
- 60g haloumi, cut into slices
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 avocado
- 2-3 tbsp fermented vegetables
- Sea salt and pepper
- sesame seeds, to garnish
- Fill a small pot with water and bring to boil. Add eggs and boil for 5-6 minutes, or until cooked to your liking. Remove from boiling water and allow to cool, peel and set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat a non-stick frying pan over medium heat and add 1 tbsp olive oil. Add shredded kale and frozen peas and sauté until cooked, about 4-5 minutes. Season generously and divide into two bowls.
- Return pan to heat and add remaining olive oil. Add slices of haloumi and fry for 2-3 minutes, on both sides. Remove from heat.
- Divide avocado, fermented vegetables and haloumi between two bowls. Cut eggs in half and add one to each bowl. Sprinkle with sesame seeds to garnish.
Want more delicious and healthy recipes? Check out my 8-week online Program which actually shows you how to create healthy versions of your favourite comfort foods!