Obsessed with this easy and seriously impressive veggie dish! Butternut pumpkin is amazing this time of year and is packed full of antioxidants, vitamins and beta-carotene. Haloumi and sage are such a decadent combination, it almost tastes too good to be healthy!
Haloumi & Sage Stuffed Butternut Pumpkin
Serves: 3-4, as a side
- 1/2 butternut pumpkin, chopped lengthways
- 1/2 cup sage, chopped
- 250g block of haloumi cheese, cut into small squares.
- 1/3 cup crushed almonds or pumpkin seeds
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp coconut oil or olive oil – to fry the haloumi cheese
- Sea salt
- Chilli flakes
- Preheat oven to 180° Celsius (I use fan-forced bake!).
- Line a baking tray with baking paper and lay the pumpkin, skin side down.
- Scoop out the inside of the pumpkin, with the seeds, so it’s hollow then add haloumi cheese and top with sage leaves and chopped nuts or seeds. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle sea salt and chilli, if using.
- Add the pumpkin to the oven and roast for 45-50 minutes, or until pumpkin is cooked through. If the haloumi is browning too quickly, cover with foil or turn down the heat slightly.
- Serve with protein of choice.