This is one of my favourite warming salads – spiced up with harissa and tasty goats cheese – and full of nutritional benefits! Cauliflower contains sulforaphane, which aids kidney function and improves blood pressure levels – it’s also anti-inflammatory, rich in vitamin C and K and is incredible for the liver! Chickpeas are a great plant-based form of protein plus the tahini and walnuts are full of good-for-you satiating fats! This dish is perfect for vegetarians or a healthy dinner party – and the leftovers make for a divine lunch the next day!
Harissa-Spiced Cauliflower & Chickpea Salad with Goat Cheese, Walnut & Mint
Serves: 2 as a main, 4 as a side
- 1 cauliflower head, cut into florets
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1 punnet cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1x 400g can organic chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 3 tbsp goats cheese
- 2-3 cups rocket leaves
- Handful of mint leaves
- 2 tsp harissa spice
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Himalayan salt and pepper
- 3 tbsp hulled tahini
- 1 tsp maple syrup (optional)
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup warm water
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- On a lined baking tray, arrange cauliflower florets, drizzle with 1 tbsp olive oil and sprinkle with harissa spice, salt and pepper. Roast in oven for 10 minutes then remove.
- Add halved tomatoes, chickpeas and walnuts to the cauliflower on the baking tray and drizzle with remaining 1 tbsp olive oil. Return baking tray to oven and roast for a further 15-20 minutes, until cauliflower is golden and chickpeas are crispy.
- Meanwhile, whisk all dressing ingredients in a small bowl until combined, adding more water until desired consistency is reached.
- Lay rocket on a large serving board and top with roasted cauliflower, tomatoes, chickpeas and walnuts.
- Top with goats cheese and mint leaves. Drizzle over dressing and serve.
Recipe originally posted on Body + Soul.