Now, this is a healthy mid-week meal you have to try. Lately, I’ve been craving arancini risotto balls so I created a nutritious, but no less delicious version. They’re so soft, crunchy and tasty, and they’re easily one of my favourite snacks. Serve them with a rocket salad, a dollop of hummus and some silvered almonds for extra crunch.
Healthy Cauliflower Arancini Balls
- 1 large cauliflower or 2 cups of store-bought cauliflower rice
- 1 cup almond meal, plus 1/4 cup for sprinkling
- 2 tbsp olive oil or coconut oil
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1 tsp curry powder
- sea salt and pepper
- 2 eggs, whisked
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- To make the cauliflower rice, cut the cauliflower into florets and pulse in a food processor until it forms a rice-like texture.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the cauliflower rice, almond meal, 1 tbsp olive oil or coconut oil, parsley, curry powder and season generously with sea salt and pepper. Add the whisked egg and mix well to combine.
- Cover a small plate with 1/4 cup of almond meal. Using your hands, take a small handful of mixture and roll into balls. It should make about 5-6 balls.
- Spray or drizzle more olive oil or coconut oil over the top of the balls. Place the balls on the baking tray and place in the oven for 25 minutes or until they’re golden.
- Serve with hummus and a green salad.
For more nutritious recipe ideas, check out my 8-week Program.