When I need a dinner that’s ready in a flash, a quick and veggie-packed stir-fry is my go-to! This is the perfect light meal, great for clean eating and filled with brassica vegetables – my favourite liver-detoxifying superfoods! Feel free to mix and match, get creative and add whatever veggies you have in the fridge!
Easy Chicken & Veggie Stir-Fry
- 2 small chicken breasts, organic and sliced thinly
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- ½ red onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- ½ red cabbage
- ½ bunch of kale, leaves stripped
- ½ head broccoli
- 2 tbsp tamari
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- On a large chopping board, slice red onion thinly. Chop broccoli into small florets. Shred kale and finely slice red cabbage. Set aside.
- Heat coconut oil in a large non-stick fry pan on medium-heat.
- Add red onion and sauté until translucent.
- Mince 2 garlic cloves and add to pan, sauté until golden and fragrant.
- Add chicken and sauté until cooked through. Drizzle 1 tbsp tamari sauce and a sprinkle of chilli flakes.
- Add all chopped vegetables to the pan and continue to sauté, adding another 1 tbsp of tamari sauce. Sauté on high heat for a further 3-5 minutes, until vegetables are cooked.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds and some extra chilli flakes. Divine into bowls and serve with brown rice, if desired.
For more easy and nutritious recipes, check out my 8-week online Program here!