Healthy eating isn’t about deprivation or restriction – you can still have chips and dip on a Friday night! Just sub out traditional potato or corn chips for these super crispy carrot and parsnip wedges. Add a side of guacamole and you have a healthy and even tastier dinner side or snack!
Healthy Chips and Dip
- 3 carrots, peeled
- 3 parsnips, peeled
- 3 tbsp cold-pressed olive oil
- 2 rosemary sprigs
- 2 tbsp Za’atar spice blend (optional)
- 1 avocado
- Squeeze of lemon juice
- 1 tsp chilli flakes etc. (optional)
- Preheat oven to 180°.
- Cut carrots and parsnips into chip shapes and arrange on a baking tray.
- Drizzle olive oil over chips and toss to coat.
- Sprinkle Za’atar spice over carrots and rosemary springs over parsnip.
- Season generously with salt and pepper. Place in oven and cook for 20-25 minutes, until crispy.
- Place avocado in bowl. Using a fork, mash until smooth. Add a squeeze of lemon juice, salt and pepper. Chilli flakes optional, but very much recommended.
- Remove chips from oven, assemble on a platter with Avocado Dip and enjoy!
- A hot oven is the key to crispy chips – make sure to preheat your oven properly before you put your veggie chips in.