I’m always looking for easy and delicious dinner ideas to make life a little bit easier – this Cobb salad ticks all the boxes. Whip it up in 15 minutes flat and save any leftovers for lunch the next day. Two healthy and tasty meals in one hit!
- 4 cups mixed salad greens, chopped
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup corn (frozen or cut off the cob)
- 2 x small chicken breast fillets
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 large avocado, sliced
- 1/4 cup goats cheese or feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 3 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp cold-pressed olive oil
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- Heat a pan over medium-high heat and melt the olive oil.
- Add the chicken to the pan, sprinkle with salt and pepper and cook for 5-6 minutes on each side or until cooked through. Set aside.
- Combine white wine vinegar, olive oil and mustard in a separate bowl.
- Assemble other salad ingredients, top with sliced chicken and pour over dressing.
- For a super-quick dinner or lunch idea, buy an already roasted, organic chicken from your local supermarket or butcher and shred the meat from the breast for the salad.
- For my vegans and vegetarians – add protein by substituting chickpeas or lentils for the chicken and cheese.