Coconut Rough was one of my favourite sweet treats when I was younger – so I just had to make you guys a healthy version! Coconut is incredible for hair growth and strength, increasing your skin’s natural glow, reducing high blood pressure and cholesterol as well as encouraging proper digestion and a speedy metabolism! Talk about a nutritional powerhouse! This satiating yet decadent treat is refined sugar-free, gluten-free and dairy-free – perfect for a healthy indulgence on your day off!
Healthy Coconut Rough
Makes: 10 slices
- 3/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup cacao powder
- 5-6 medjool dates, pitted
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 3/4 cup desiccated coconut
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- Goji berries, dried rose petals to decorate
- Add coconut oil, cacao powder, cinnamon, sea salt and dates to a food processor. Process until smooth.
- In a large bowl, combine desiccated coconut and shredded coconut. Pour over cacao-coconut mixture and stir to combine.
- Spoon the mixture into a lined baking dish, top with a handful of goji berries and a few dried rose petals, and place in freezer to set for 30 minutes.
- Remove from freezer and slice. Enjoy immediately.
Coconut Rough keeps in the freezer for up to 2 weeks.
Pssssst. You can now pay week-by-week for the JSHealth Program – only $18.63 a week! – click here