This healthier version of rocky road looks and tastes incredible! It’s sweetened with natural Medjool dates, is refined-sugar free and full of good fats from the coconut oil, making it a satiating but decadent treat. Get creative with the additions too. Try anything from white mulberries, to goji berries, coconut and your favourite nuts and seeds.
Healthy Rocky Road
Makes: 9 slices
- 3/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup cacao powder
- 5-6 medjool dates, pitted
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup gluten-free granola or puffed brown rice
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup mixed raw nuts, chopped (I used hazelnut and pistachios)
- 1/4 cup goji berries
- Place the coconut oil, cacao powder, dates, cinnamon and sea salt in a food processor. Blitz until smooth.
- In a large bowl, combine the granola or puffed brown rice, shredded coconut, mixed nuts and goji berries. Pour over the cacao-coconut mixture and stir to combine.
- Spoon the mixture into a lined baking dish and place in the freezer to set for 30 minutes.
- Remove from freezer and slice. Enjoy immediately. This rocky road keeps in the freezer for up to 2 weeks.
For more delicious and nutritious sweet treat ideas, check out my 8-week Program.