Healthy Vegan Rocky Road Recipe
This healthier version of Rocky Road looks and tastes incredible! Sweetened with natural medjool dates, it’s refined-sugar free and full of good fats from the coconut oil, making it a satiating yet decadent treat. Get creative with the additions too – white mulberries, goji berries, coconut or your favourite nuts and seeds will all taste amazing… Perfect for a healthy indulgence xo
Healthy Rocky Road
Makes: 9 slices
- 3/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup cacao powder
- 5-6 medjool dates, pitted
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup gluten-free granola or puffed brown rice
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup mixed raw nuts, chopped (I used hazelnut and pistachios)
- 1/4 cup goji berries
- Add coconut oil, cacao powder, cinnamon, sea salt and dates to a food processor. Process until smooth.
- In a large bowl, combine granola/puffed brown rice, coconut, mixed nuts and goji berries. Pour over cacao-coconut mixture and stir to combine.
- Spoon the mixture into a lined baking dish and place in freezer to set for 30 minutes.
- Remove from freezer and slice. Enjoy immediately.
- This rocky road keeps in the freezer for up to 2 weeks.