Keep this recipe up your sleeve the next time you have a cookie craving. This divine healthy version is bound to hit the spot. These cookies are gooey, chocolatey and have a nice crunch from the roasted hazelnuts.
Gooey Salted Chocolate & Hazelnut Cookies
- 1 1/4 cup almond meal
- 1/4 cup raw cacao powder
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 3 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 2-4 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp almond butter (or nut butter of choice)
- 1 large organic egg
- 1/3 cup chopped dark chocolate
- 1/3 cup chopped hazelnuts
- Preheat the oven to 160°C.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, stir the almond meal, raw cacao powder, baking powder, cinnamon and seas salt until combined.
- In another mixing bowl, whisk the coconut oil, maple syrup and almond butter until well combined.
- Add egg to the wet mixture and whisk for a further 2-3 minutes, until light and bubbly.
- Fold the dry ingredients into the wet mixture, until just combined. Stir in chopped chocolate and hazelnuts.
- Roll tablespoon-sized amounts of dough into balls then flatten slightly on a lined baking tray.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes, or until the cookies are golden around the edges.
- Sprinkle with sea salt and eat while warm. Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
For more delicious and healthy recipes, check out my 8-week online Program.