Sometimes you’re just craving something gooey, decadent and chocolate-y. This single serve chocolate mudcake is the indulgent answer. It’s gluten, dairy and refined-sugar free and tastes incredible with a dollop of Greek yoghurt or coconut ice-cream. In-credible!
- 1 egg, whisked
- 2 tbsp almond meal
- 2 tbsp cacao powder
- 1/2 ripe banana, mashed
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp maple syrup (optional)
- 1 tsp coconut or olive oil
- 1 tbsp almond butter and extra banana slices, to decorate
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Combine all ingredients, except almond butter and oil, in a bowl and whisk well for 3-5 minutes, or until well combined.
- Lightly grease a small ramekin with coconut or olive oil. Spoon mixture into ramekin. Add 1 tbsp almond butter into the centre and create a swirl by running a knife through the dollop. Decorate with extra banana slices.
- Bake in oven for 15-20 minutes, or until cooked through.