When I need a protein-packed breakfast that’s equally delicious and nourishing – I always make this sweet berry pancake. It’s full of blood-sugar balancing protein and fibre plus healthy fats to keep you satiated all morning! Decorate with seasonal berries, banana or some extra nuts and seeds. Divine!
Sweet Berry Pancake
- 2-3 egg whites (or 1 egg + 2 egg whites)
- 1 tbsp. LSA mix/flaxseeds
- 1 tsp. stevia
- 1 tsp. coconut oil
- 1/3 cup raspberries, fresh or frozen
- 1-2 heaped tbsp. of a mix of sesame, sunflower and pumpkin seeds
- 1 tbsp. desiccated coconut
- 2 tbsp. organic natural yoghurt
- Whisk the following in a bowl: the egg whites, LSA, flaxseeds, stevia, a few raspberries, 1 tbsp. natural yoghurt, desiccated coconut.
- Place 1 tsp of coconut oil on a medium heat pan (omelette sized pan is best)
- Pour the mixture into the pan and allow it to cook.
- Once the edges begin to look cooked, flip it! Cook through for another minute or two.
- Let the pancake sit for a couple of minutes before you place it on a plate.
- Plate it up and top with yoghurt, seeds, left over raspberries and more coconut across the pancake.
You can find plenty more delicious, quick and easy breakfast ideas in the JSHealth App. You can download the app here and right now it’s 20% for all new users – android and iOS!