Healthy Vegetable Bread Recipe – Gluten & Wheat Free
Oh, this vegetable bread has become a staple in the JSHealth kitchen. I was inspired by my visit to Hu Kitchen in New York and had to recreate it. It’s gotten such an incredible response from my newsletter readers that I had to share it on the blog. If you’re a bread lover, this is a must bake!
- 2 cups almond meal
- 1/2 cup psyllium husk
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1 zucchini, grated
- 1 onion, grated
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast (optional)
- Fresh herbs – I used chopped basil and rosemary
- Spices if you wish – I used paprika and cumin
- 1 tsp Celtic sea salt/rock salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Combine all dry ingredients in a bowl, then add eggs and olive oil and mix.
- Pour into a greased bread tin and bake for about 50 minutes or until top is just golden.
- Top with avocado, fresh tomato and rocket.
Photo credit to my gorgeous cousin, Hannah Grossberg (@hannahgrossberg).