Another favourite comfort food, but the traditional version is not the healthiest. This ‘healthified’ version tastes just as delicious. I love serving this with my Cauli Rice 🙂
- 1 cup almond meal
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1/3 cup finely chopped mixed herbs (sage, parsley and thyme)
- 2 tbsp finely grated parmesan
- 2 free-range or organic eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tbsp milk of choice
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- Himalayan salt and pepper
- 2 organic chicken breast fillets, sliced in half lengthways
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Lemon wedges to serve
- In a large shallow bowl, combine the almond meal, lemon zest, herbs and parmesan.
- In a separate large shallow bowl, whisk the egg, milk and garlic, season with salt and pepper.
- Dip the chicken into the egg mixture, then coat evenly in the almond mix.
- Heat the olive oil in a large non-stick frying pan over a medium-heat and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side or until the chicken is lightly golden and cooked through.
- Serve with lemon wedges and Cauliflower Rice!
Recipe from my first book, The Healthy Life – you can find it here!