My go-to granola recipe! I love to make my own – I can add whatever I like to it, without the added sugar that is so often found in store-bought varieties. Another great thing about this granola? It’s perfect for just about any diet – gluten-free, paleo and vegan.
- 2 cups coconut flakes
- 1/4-1/3 cup virgin organic coconut oil, melted
- 2 cups mixed raw nuts, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds and pumpkin seeds
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp. rice malt syrup/maple syrup (optional; I personally don’t sweeten my granola at all. Perhaps do half a batch with, half without and see what you like.)
- Preheat oven to 120 C.
- In a food processor/mini-blender, whiz up the coconut flakes, nuts, seeds and cinnamon.
- Heat up the coconut oil and rice malt/maple syrup on the stove.
- Once the nuts and seeds are chopped, mix all ingredients in a bowl. Add the coconut oil and rice malt/maple syrup.
- Spread evenly on baking paper on a tray and bake for about 15-20 minutes, until golden, turning halfway.
- When golden (I like to make mine quite dark; the darker it is, the crunchier it is), remove and cool immediately to get it crispy.
I like to eat this granola with yoghurt – nice and chunky. I also top all my smoothies with it for the crunch factor!