When it comes to beauty foods, again it’s about eating clean foods that your body knows how to process. Processed and packaged foods are hard for the body to breakdown; which can cause an array of health issues and really stops you from glowing.
- I avoid anything processed and packaged.
- I also don’t eat gluten or refined sugar.
- I eat limited amounts of dairy, as it can be problematic for the skin, but I love to
- Enjoy some organic versions of dairy.
- I make a real effort to enjoy greens with every meal.
- I eat protein with every meal – our body’s cells need the amino acids to repair –including skin and hair cells.
- I ensure I have lots of antioxidant rich foods in my diet to protect my cells e.g.: berries, greens, nuts, seeds etc.
- I drink loads of water with lemon.
Your skin will also absorb every single thing that you put on it, which is why it’s so important to be mindful and cut down on the chemicals you’re exposed to wherever you can.
Do your research, find what works for you and your price-range and try and stick to certified organic where possible. My favourite three are:
- The Jojoba Company’s Jojoba Oil. Jojoba is a liquid wax made from the jojoba bean which is able to mimic our skin’s natural oils and keep it moisturised. Keeping moisturised this way also serves a little-known purpose in that as a natural wax ester (a type of organic compound), it has been shown to act a barrier to germs and other viruses.
- Trilogy ‘s Rosehip Oil. My mom gave this to me and I was using this on my arms before my wedding, as I’ve always had some pigmentation there, and within a couple of days it was almost gone!
- Calming Body Wash from Kora Organics. One of my favourites to use when I’m on the go – I also love the moisturisers from her mum’s range, Divine by Therese Kerr. All their skincare products are certified organic and made with natural ingredients.