It makes a great nutritional breakfast or on-the-go snack option. I recommend it in the afternoon too when you feel that lethargic slump coming along. It keeps me full and satisfied until dinner time. This will help you control your cravings and your weight!
I love using a stevia vanilla whey protein (this one) which is great if you can tolerate whey. Nuzest make a divine plant-based protein if you’d prefer. I also sometimes leave out the berries and just do 1/4-1/2 frozen banana.
JSHealth Power Protein Smoothie
- 1 serving of protein powder – either 100% natural pea, sprouted brown rice or whey protein OR 1 raw egg OR 2 Tbsp LSA mix (linseed, sunflower, almond meal)
- 1-2 tsp stevia granules/powder or stevia liquid
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon ground
- 1 tsp vanilla extract/powder (if available)
- 1 tbsp. chia seeds or psyllium husk
- 1/2 cup frozen berries
- 1/4-1/2 frozen banana
- 1/2 cup spinach leaves (can omit)
- 1/2 cup almond or coconut milk
- 1/2 cup ice blocks (the more ice the creamier!)
- 1/2 cup filtered water
- Add all ingredients to a food processor or blender.
- Pour into a glass or bowl and top with desiccated coconut, sliced fruit or nuts and seeds for the crunch factor!