I always try to do this meditation before sitting down to a meal. It helps to calm anxiety and stress around food, encourages mindful eating and makes a meal far more enjoyable I think!
Try this next time you sit down to eat. Let me know how you go xx
- Take 3 long deep breathes as you sit down to your meal.
- Remove phones/computer/TV and any other distractions from your environment.
- Look at the food and say a simple “Thank you for this plate of goodness”. Feel how lucky you are to have access to food – and healthy food that helps your body to thrive.
- Remove any negative thoughts/guilt/fear around the food by replacing them with a positive affirmation; “My body is going to feel nourished from the meal”, “My body knows how to break down this food well”, “This food is healing”.
- Remember food is to be enjoyed. Begin eating your meal with the intention to ENJOY – Why rush such a pleasurable experience? The food isn’t going anywhere. Take one mouthful at a time and chew and taste the deliciousness – repeat this throughout your meal.
- After your meal, state “Thank you for nourishing my body”.