Oh I love coming home from class to create a simple and healthy treat.
I’m calling these beauties joy balls because cashew nuts contain tryptophan – an amino acid that helps make seratonin – the feel good hormone! A handful of cashew nuts a day for smiles!
- 1 cup cashew nuts
- 1 cup soft dates ( pitted)
- 1/2 cup LSA mix (or flaxseed meal)
- 1 Tbsp. raw protein powder (optional)
- 2 Tbsp. almond meal
- 1 heaped Tbsp. nut butter of choice
- Juice of 1/2 lemon (and 1 tsp. lemon rind too)
- 1/4 cup coconut flakes
- Pinch of sea salt
- Pinch of cinnamon
- Pinch of nutmeg
- 1/4 cup water
- Blend all ingredients in a Vitamix or high-powered blender.
- Roll mixture into balls and refrigerate.
These are honestly ridiculously good – I feel they are a must make gluten-free, dairy-free, refined-sugar-free healthy snack!