Cooking curries at home does not have to be a complex process or require a huge ingredient list to taste delicious. This vegan curry is quick to make, fragrant and nourishing.
Lentil & Cauliflower Curry
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander stalks
- ½ tbsp curry powder
- ½ tsp ground turmeric
- ½ head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 tin brown lentils, rinsed and drained
- 1 tin coconut milk
- ½ cup water or vegetable stock
- 2 large handfuls baby spinach
- sea salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- 1–1 ½ cups cooked brown rice or quinoa
- ¼ cup toasted cashews
- fresh chilli, finely diced or chilli flakes (optional)
- coriander leaves (optional)
- Heat the coconut oil in a large saucepan over a medium high heat. Sauté the onion for 2-3 minutes or until translucent. Add in the coriander stalks and spices and fry for 2 minutes or until fragrant.
- Add the cauliflower and stir to coat in the curry spice mix. Allow to brown for 2-3 minutes before pouring in the lentils, coconut milk and the water or stock. Season to taste.
- Bring to the boil before turning the heat down to a simmer for 10 minutes, or until the cauliflower is cooked through. Add the baby spinach to the saucepan and stir through to wilt. Remove from the heat.
- Serve with brown rice or quinoa, toasted cashews, chilli and coriander leaves, if using.