Absolutely obsessed with this easy… but show stopping salad recipe! This is a variation of my fave roasted carrot chips in Book 2 with the healthy addition of greens, refreshing mint and slivered almonds for a bit of crunch! This salad is so tasty I often leave it without a dressing, but if you’d like, my Clean Life Dressing always adds to a salad!
Maple-Roasted Carrots with Almonds & Mint
Serves: 2 as a main, 4 as a side
- 4 carrots, cut lengthways into 1cm thick ‘chips’
- 1-2 tsp maple syrup (optional)
- 2-3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cups rocket
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 4 tbsp goats cheese (or cashew cheese if vegan)
- Handful of mint leaves
- 1 tbsp lemon rind
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Spread the cut carrots over a lined baking tray and drizzle with olive oil and maple syrup (if using) to coat well – toss with your hands to make sure they are well coated. Bake for 30-40 minutes or until golden and cooked through.
- Meanwhile, arrange the rocket leaves on a large serving plate.
- Once carrots are cooked, arrange on top of the rocket. Sprinkle over slivered almonds, goats cheese mint and lemon rind. Serve and enjoy!