Sweet, creamy and crunchy. What more could you want from a salad? This divine JSHealth app recipe is delicious served with your protein of choice.
Maple-Roasted Pumpkin & Apple Salad
Serves: 4, as a side
- ¼ jap or kent pumpkin, cut into 2cm chunks (skin on)
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- sea salt
- ½ cup pecans, roughly chopped
- 1 green apple
- ½ lemon, juiced
- 2 cups baby spinach, shredded
- ½ bunch mint leaves, shredded
- 50g goat’s cheese, crumbled (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C or 350°F. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Place the chopped pumpkin in a mixing bowl and drizzle with the olive oil and maple syrup. Season with sea salt and toss to coat.
- Spread the pumpkin across the baking tray and place in the oven to roast for 25 minutes.
- Remove the tray from the oven and add the pecans. Toss to coat. Return the tray to the oven to roast for a further 15 minutes.
- Slice the apple into thin moons and place in a small mixing bowl. Pour the lemon juice on top and toss to coat. Set aside.
- To plate up, spread the shredded spinach and mint across a serving plate. Arrange the green apple slices, maple roasted pumpkin and pecans on top. Garnish with crumbled goat’s cheese, if using.
For a dairy-free alternative: omit the goat’s cheese or replace it with cashew or macadamia cheese.
You can find plenty more delicious, quick and easy recipes ideas in the JSHealth App. You can download the app here and right now it’s 20% off – android and iOS!