You know I love my cruciferous veggies, but there’s another nutrient-packed green that is so much fun to cook with – asparagus! It’s so good for you – full of antioxidants (at the top of the list of fruits and veggies, actually) and a rich source of glutathione, which helps detox and break down harmful free radicals.
This is a vegetable that some find to be an acquired taste – I believe it’s all in the preparation. My favorite way to eat asparagus is grilled, and the goats cheese in this recipe adds a rich, creamy flavor that makes a perfect side dish for even the most skeptical vegetable eater. Another amazing addition to an asparagus dish? An egg! Try topping this with a perfectly poached or fried egg, and you’ve got the perfect Meatless Monday meal.
- 170g asparagus spears
- 1/2 cup hazelnuts, chopped
- 1/4 cup goats cheese
- 1 bunch mint, chopped
- 1 tsp. chili flakes
- 1 Tbsp. coconut oil, melted
- Sea salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 Tbsp. tahini
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1 Tbsp. tamari
- 1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- On a baking sheet, brush asparagus spears with melted coconut oil. Season with sea salt, pepper and chili flakes.
- Place asparagus in the oven for 25 minutes or until just browned.
- To make dressing, whisk ingredients in a bowl.
- Remove asparagus from the oven and place on serving platter. Drizzle with dressing, then top with goats cheese, chopped hazelnuts, and chopped mint to serve.