This frittata takes no time to whip up and is the perfect breakfast option to prepare on a Sunday and enjoy throughout the week.
- 8 organic eggs
- sea salt
- black pepper
- 2 handfuls baby spinach, shredded
- ¼ cup chopped basil leaves
- ¼ cup Kalamata olives, pitted and sliced
- 50 g smoked salmon, finely sliced or tinned salmon
- 50 g Danish feta, crumbled (optional)
- 1 tsp chilli flakes, optional
- Preheat the oven to 180°C or 350°F. Line a baking dish with baking paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs and season with salt and pepper.
- Spread the baby spinach, basil and half of the olives across the base of the lined dish. Pour over the egg mix.
- Sprinkle the smoked salmon, remaining olives and crumbled feta on top and season with chilli flakes, if using.
- Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until the frittata is cooked through. To check if the frittata is cooked, insert a skewer. If it comes out clean, the frittata is ready.
- Allow it to cool and slice into 6 pieces. Keep stored in the fridge for 2-3 days.
You can replace the smoked or tinned salmon with ½ a cup of roasted vegetables, pumpkin or sweet potato would work well. For a dairy-free option, omit the cheese.