This recipe is so quick to make that it’s one of my go-to meals when I’m strapped for time. Enjoy it as a side with your protein of choice, or finish it off with fresh avocado, a handful of greens and a squeeze of fresh lemon for a plant-based meal.
JSHealth Mushroom & Kale Rice
- 2-3 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 leek, finely chopped
- 1/2 head cauliflower, pulsed in a food processor to form ‘rice’
- 250 button mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 bunch kale
- sea salt
- 1 tsp curry powder
- chilli flakes (optional)
- parsley, chopped, to garnish
- In a heated, medium-sized frying pan add 1 tbsp of olive oil, then throw in the chopped leeks and sauté until the turn translucent and golden.
- Add the cauliflower rice to the pan and sauté for 2-3 minutes, or until they start to brown.
- Add the mushrooms and kale to the cauliflower rice and stir, continuing to sauté for another 4-5 minutes, or until cooked through. Season with salt, curry powder, remaining olive oil and chilli flakes, if using.
- Garnish with fresh herbs. Enjoy!
I have plenty more quick and delicious recipes in my 8-week Program.