Many people ask what I use on my skin.
Very minimal! I really do not place too much emphasis on ‘skin products’ instead I nourish my insides. I know for sure that external features such as skin and hair are a direct reflection of what’s happening on the inside.
I am not crazy strict on everything being 100% natural and organic. My rule is more about keeping things to a minimum and using products sparingly. But of course going for natural wherever possible. Not everything I do is perfect 🙂
The most basic way to enhance your skin is to follow a wholefood diet.
- Get rid of the junk aka: sugar, wheat, alcohol, refined carbs and processed dairy.
- Eat lots of greens and organic sources of protein – many people are not eating enough protein! We need amino acids to build and repair cells – this includes skin and hair cells.
- I drink a green juice daily or a wholefood green powder
- Avoid anything in a packet – they usually packed with chemicals
- Careful of pesticides. So go for local and organic produce if you can.
- Follow a supplement regime if you need an extra boost. Ill list my favs below
- Drink filtered water- 2-3l
- Careful of caffeine – 1x/day is enough.
- Take care of your digestion – probiotics really help!
- Take care of your liver
- Take care of your stress levels. I commit to rest daily.
A few little tips for your skin to show some love on the outside:
- You know I am a fan of Burt’s Bees Products.
- I love their day and night facial creams.
- I also love their herbal face wipes.
- I use SPF sun cream too during the day.
- I also love eco tan for the occasional fakey!
- I use rose hip oil at night. I have been loving The Trilogy Rosehip Oil.
- I dab apple cider vinegar on my blemishes.
That’s about it……
I really hard ever use a facial cleanser. I often use some herbal face wipes at night to get rid of any dirt or makeup residue.
- I use Giorgio Armani luminous silk foundation during the day and night.
- Bobbi Brown bronzer
- Mac zoom eyeliner
- Mac shimmer – at night.
- Daily fish oil- 2-4g. Udos oil is fabulous.
- Probiotics – daily
- Mineral complex – I like The Metagenics Mineral Essentials