As you guys know I am spending the next 3 weeks in the USA for work. I am constantly on the go and running around which means I really need to have some healthy snacks on hand.
I find having access to healthy snacks eases a lot of travel anxiety around food for me and it also prevents me from overeating at meals – you can find my post on managing travel/food anxiety here.
When you don’t have access to a healthy snack – it’s more likely you will eat anything you can get your hands on in that moment of hangry- ness/sudden hunger panic – we all know how bad this feels.
The same thing applies for when you are on a plane without access to anything remotely nourishing – this can lead to a bit of an unhealthy situation – you can’t help but eat anything your flight attendant hands to you – Get me? Then you feel awful when you get off that plane. This is why it is so helpful to be prepared with healthy snacks…
Here are my favourites at the mo’:
- Raw almonds mixed with dried cranberries
- Blueberries – I stop at the local fruit shop to get these wherever I am
- Green apples
- Lara Bar – or any clean health bar – made with only whole foods – no added preservatives or sweeteners
- Clean bliss balls from a local health food shop or make your own
- Some raw/dark chocolate – 2-3 squares
- A punnet of Greek yoghurt – I added cinnamon and stevia to it to sweeten it (I carry cinnamon and stevia in my travel bag). Top it with some raw almonds.
- Natural popcorn – small bag
- Flaxseed/almond crackers
- Kale chips from a local health food shop
I hope this will support your upcoming trips!! Let me know how you go 🙂 x JS