The most important thing to realize as you prepare for your wedding day is that real and everlasting beauty is from the inside out. That, after all, is what your future spouse truly fell in love with!
To be a healthy bride, we have to take care of what we are putting in to our bodies. These are my top beauty tips for the bride-to-be:
- Add more greens and veggies to your plate – these nutrients feed your skin and hair cells.
- Eat lots of fats! So many women are afraid of good fats and avoid them – this isn’t great for your skin and hair. Embrace and enjoy good fats like avocado, salmon, nuts and seeds.
- Include protein at each meal.
- Take care of your digestion for healthy skin and hair – I go into great detail on just how to do this in my book, The Healthy Life.
- Drink plenty of water – I encourage 2 liters of filtered water a day. Staying hydrated keeps your skin and hair healthy, and you’ll feel better too.
- Cut out processed sugar, and consider cutting back on fruit too (2 pieces a day is great).
- Supplement with zinc, fish oil and vitamin C.
- I have a non-negotiable commitment to 8 hours of rest every single day for a healthy mind and body.
An extra note on sleep: I really think it is so important for brides-to-be to take care of themselves in this way. Tuck yourself into bed early so you can recharge. Wedding planning can zap your energy and be totally exhausting. You don’t want to look and feel tired when you are planning and you certainly don’t want to look and feel tired on the big day!